Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....

On 8/5/2015 6:57 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/5/15 6:44 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/5/2015 4:17 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/5/15 11:40 AM, Muggles wrote:
A long time ago I ended up in the ER very ill and no one could figure
out what was wrong right away. They finally got the blood tests back
and it turned out to be I was low on potassium. They gave me an IV
with
potassium added to it plus a cup of orange juice with more potassium
added to it to sip on and I spent the night being hydrated with the
extra potassium. By morning I was well enough to leave, but I felt
like
something had sucked all the life out of me and then tried to shoot it
back in with a syringe. I made sure from that point on to have plenty
of potassium in my diet, and haven't had that happen again.

OJ has something like 450 mg per cup! Three times as much as a liter of
Gatorade!

I didn't realize OJ had so much. The USDA database says vegetable juice
cocktail has just as much. I checked the label. It doesn't mention any
mineral but sodium: 420 mg per cup. I don't drink it every day, but
that makes a difference in my sodium intake. I hope I'm worth my salt!

I appreciate the info you've been posting about this subject.
Previously, you mentioned bathing in epsom salt and how it's obsorbed
and even can help you sleep better. So, I went out and bought some and
the first night I actually could tell a difference in how well I slept.

Seems like you're worth your salt to me!

I can tell you're no bigot!

()

--
Maggie