Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Appliance industry warns.... dd acid to water

On 8/5/15 7:54 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Several years before I got actively into HVAC,
the fan blower motor on my furnace developed
a major squeal. It was night time, and I didn't
want to call a HVAC company to oil a motor for
after hours rate. The only oil I had around other
than three in one or WD was 10w30 motor oil.
Which I used. And the fan never squealed after
that. It's far less than ideal, as the detergent
allows the oil to absorb moisutre humidity from
the air. Don't think I had any two stroke mixing
oil on hand. Some times, you just got to use what
is available.

Maybe I'll put 2-cycle oil in my tiny oiler with the long spout.

My mower manuals recommend 30W over multiweight, but the 30W that's
readily available here is SA. Is it bad to use SA in a mower engine?