Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Appliance industry warns.... calcium deposits need acids

On 8/5/15 10:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/5/2015 9:28 AM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/5/15 7:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't have enough chemistry background to be sure,
but mixing salt with a weak acid isn't likely to
make very much HCL.

5% vinegar is 0.85 normal. It will produce a 0.85 normal solution of
HCl. The impurity is a buffer, making it safe to put on salad.

When I heat it, the HCl will rise into the air, free at last from the
buffer. You'll take a deep breath and announce that all your opinions
have always been wrong. It will be such a delight to your senses that
you'll beg for a second whiff. I'll ask for your credit card.

It was more than a few years ago, but I was taught
that acetic acid is only about 1% ionized. As such,
I'd not expect to get much HCL from the mixture.

A white one moors in St. Johns. The Newfies recognize the name and knew
all 60 in the crew are absolute gentlemen, so 60 girls head for the
Stardust.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIE6U6Lrtrc

The girls arrive. The crew are there, drinking and laughing together.
Only 6 get up and ask girls to dance. Maybe a girl who wasn't asked
would conclude only 10% of the crew were heterosexual.

As dancing couples leave for other pursuits, other sailors get up to
dance. There are never more than 6 sailors dancing, but in the end, all
60 girls find dates.

Kind of like vinegar and salt. The moral is, "You can catch more flying
chlorine ions with vinegar than with honey."