Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Electrical Service for my new home

On 8/5/2015 3:59 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 10:54:55 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/5/2015 2:45 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 7:43:08 PM UTC-5, Roberto wrote:
On 8/4/2015 7:23 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 13:46:49 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 4:11:52 AM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
On 08/04/2015 01:35 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
You can run Ethernet and a POTS line in the same cat5 cable if you ever want to extend your network to the trailer.

Are you an idiot or a troll?

No Sandy Andy. I have a great deal of experience in the telecom and data field which I doubt you have. So why don't you tell everyone about your vast experience in computer network industry. ( ?? ?? ?? )

[8~{} Uncle Experienced Monster

I had a BICSI certification and I would not put POTS on an Ethernet
cable, even if I knew I would never have a gigabit LAN.
It "works" but I heard you could run Twinax on a barbed wire fence and
it "works". I wouldn't try that either.

Exactly!

I'm not an expert but it seems like having pots feed into ethernet
cable is a really bad idea...especially if you live in an area with
frequent thunderstorms.

I'm not seeing gfretwell's posts

When I first began reading this group I noticed some posters who were
just down right disgusting. I thought I'd give them a chance so I didn't
block them right away, but did after it never got better. Now, I just
block weirdo's and nuts and what's left is the regular people discussing
home repair stuff and the OT stuff that comes up along the way.

(looks at Stormin see? I cut the text short!)

--
Maggie

Does this mean I'm on probation? o( U )o

[8~{} Uncle Horrid Monster

naa you passed with flying colors, or was it you were flying high on
something and the jokes you told made it worth my while to read. hmmm
Gotta think about that one.

--
Maggie