Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Walter Palmer

On 8/5/2015 2:01 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 1:35:49 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 8/5/2015 11:59 AM, trader_4 wrote:

That volcanic damage included wiping out half the species on earth, including
severely reducing the population of our ancestors. And you think
this is a good thing to use as a comparison?

It's just a fact that volcano's make a big mess, yet, the Earth manages
to go on and clean itself up.

Sigh, half the species gone is quite a big mess.

That's life on Earth. A volcano coughs and things die. I realize that's
just something I can't do anything about.

[...]

I never said we should ignore pollution, or that we have no effect on
the Earth or endangered species. I just stated what I believe to be
facts concerning the Earth and how species go extinct.

You said it in the context of an endangered species where a
hunter just lured a well known lion off a preserve and shot it so he
can put it's head on a wall. What do you think not only
making every BS excuse possible for Palmer, but then saying
"if a species is meant to survive it will", means? And what
do you think, when confronted with the numbers that show
lions have gone from 400,000 to 16,000 in just fifty years,
lying and trying to say that I used it to show that man is
responsible for the decline means?

You tried to use statistics to somehow bolster you overreaction. And
yes, I believe you've gone way past overreacting to Palmer killing that
lion. It's a cat, and cats can reproduce by the litter, so I'm not
worried about one lion being killed. If the big cat population isn't
strong enough to sustain itself even with our help, and even with the
ultimate predator going after it, then it'll go extinct. That's just
how things work. It doesn't mean I like it, approve of it, or promote
it. It's just life.

And note that while I never used those numbers to show that
man is responsible, everyone else, including I think everyone
in this thread, knows that man is indeed responsible for almost
all the species that are endangered. Simple question, do you
deny that? Yes or no?

So, now, you speak for everyone else??

Being a realist just allows me to accept things that happen that I have
no control over,

But we do have control over it

No we don't. We think we can control nature, but we can't.

and the expression of outrage that
has occurred over the scum Palmer, who you defend,

I prefer to reserve the use of "scum" and personal outrage to murderers,
abortionists, and other such people of equal criminal prowess.

is one way
that we can change it. It's already lead to a halt in similar
hunts in Zimbabwe. Yet, here you are, ****ing all over the outrage
and defending Palmer.

It's a cat. Don't get me wrong, I like cats, but I'm not worried about
the population of them, either. There are things I'd get outraged about
that you'd probably not think twice about, so there you have it. We're
different people. Go figure.

[...]

The news is full of issues I could get all torqued
up about how other people are doing things that I think are wrong or
even evil. I'm not so worried about the Earth as I am individuals or
circumstances that I can actually have some influence with. Seeing that
I'm only one person I think it's wiser to invest my energy into those
things and not get all riled up about a lion being killed in Africa.

Not getting riled up is fine. But that isn't what you did.
You're still actively defending Palmer.

No, I'm disagreeing with you on various points you've brought up and
your approach on this particular topic.

[...]
Or do
you think that if you berate people who don't march in lockstep with
everything you say that will do anything to make a difference in your
"significant" list?

I only berate people who have truly proven that they are liars and
total idiots. Again, look at what you just did.

I try to not berate people in general, and only go there when I've been
pushed into a corner and I've no choice but to respond in kind.

You seem to prefer going there first.

You asked for some
examples. I gave them to you. Your reaction? Basically, I don't
care, doesn't matter, nothing I can personally do about it. What could
you personally do about civil rights? About jews getting shoved into
ovens? About commies killing millions of people? About almost all
the issues of any time?

You could just see that we come from different perspectives, and even if
you don't understand mine, you could just agree to disagree cordially.

[...]

--
Maggie