Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Walter Palmer and climate change deniers unite!

On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 10:16:57 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/5/2015 10:06 AM, trader_4 wrote:

You know, Trader, that seems a bit harsh. I'm
more agreeing with Maggie on this one.

Feel free to disagree all you want. The ideas that man can
do anything, that the planet may get a little bit dirty
because of us, but can clean itself, that endangered
species will continue to exist if they are meant to exist...
I think those ideas have been widely discredited both by
sound science and what most of us personally observe.

It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.
I maintain that you were a bit harsh on Maggie.

Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion. To me
what she's said is more than enough proof that she's the
village idiot. And she's not just disagreeing, she's
ignoring and sidestepping the most basic facts, eg
that the number of lions has gone from 400,000 to 16,000,
that they are endangered.
Instead of accepting the numbers, or just flat out saying
she thinks the numbers are bogus, she's off into trying
to divert into interpreting statistics, right vs wrong,
etc. It's like saying the earth is flat, or the sun
rises in the west, and then when someone points out the
numbers that show it's not so, trying to change the goal
posts. And then to top it off, instead of recognizing
that they are endangered, she says if a species is meant
to survive they will? Sorry, but anyone that says that
in the context of this discussion is indeed the village
idiot.