Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Appliance industry warns.... calcium deposits need acids

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 9:27:11 PM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:
On 8/4/15 10:54 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 7:31:40 AM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:
On 8/4/15 7:19 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/3/2015 11:25 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/3/2015 9:49 PM, J Burns wrote:

At one time, muriatic acid was made from brine. Maybe it
still is. Muriatic acid is sold for cleaning, where
impurities won't hurt. In the case of Zep, the "impurities",
such as surfactants, help it clean.

I don't keep hydrochloric acid. If I need it to clean, I use
vinegar and salt. That produces muriatic acid that's mostly
"impurities."

ahh ok ... I didn't know that. Thanks!

Vinegar is a mild acid, and salt does contain chlorine. To mix
them and call it muriatic acid, I doubt that is the case.

I'd go for muriatic or hydrochloric acid, rather than the vinegar
mix, for my own uses.

Acetic acid and sodium chloride react to make sodium acetate and
hydrogen chloride. In other words, hydrochloric acid with an
impurity. I like to heat it for bigots to take a whiff.

Yea, I know what you mean. All those Progressive Liberal Leftists
Commiecrat Freaks bigots need to be bathed in the stuff. Perhaps just
wash out their mouths with it. (¬€¿Â¬)

[8~{} Uncle Clean Monster

I always rooted for Archie, beleaguered in his own home by his bigoted
son-in-law and his rebellious daughter. If only Edith had been more
supportive!

Edith was one of my favorite TV characters of all time because I actually knew women who sounded like her. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

[8~{} Uncle Bunker Monster