Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Appliance industry warns.... use fan oil for fans

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/4/2015 12:15 PM, Muggles wrote:

I never know which one to use when I want to oil my household
oscillating fan motors. WD-40?

For oiling fan motors, Zoom Spout Turbine Oil
is designed for the job. Comes with a handy
applicator bottle, also.

http://www.amazon.com/Supco-MO98-Zoo.../dp/B008MG3T1Q

The tube extends, which makes it a lot easier to get
oil to the bearings.

ND-30 or two stroke mix oil are also okay.

WD and sewing machine oils or three in one
dry up too quickly.

I use a zoom spout for getting through fins in squirrel cages. Should be 20
weight. 3n1 blue can is for motors 20 weight. Been usin some brand of zoom
spouts for at least 25 years. It goes up or down position, just adjust
spout.

Greg