Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Progress report: Wall paper

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 1:45:11 PM UTC-4, philo wrote:
On 08/03/2015 10:13 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/3/2015 7:13 PM, philo wrote:
On 08/03/2015 02:16 PM, Muggles wrote:

Had I known earlier she was going to roll up her sleeves and
help...maybe it would have gotten done sooner.

If you're going to open up the walls, why take off the wallpaper? Won't
it come off when you open up the walls?

I'm just opening up three small sections.

whew ... that makes more sense.

Wall open in the kitchen and I removed the wiring from 1932

I am going to put a total of six sets of outlets in...each set with it's
own breaker.

The kitchen originally had a total of two outlets.

So the fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and two other things can
all be on at once.

I am almost half done done...I got up early and am now taking a break.

Made one fortunate mistake though...instead of buying 14-2 wire I bought
14-3 so will have less wires to run and less of a mess.

ooops kitchen circuits MUST BE 12 gauge wire, each with a 20 amp breaker

i prefer to run 12 2 with grounds it makes later troubleshooting easier

besides if you share the neutral it can overheat