IMM

Default A pestilence upon my bloody boiler! (help please)

"Andrew" wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Dave Plowman
writes
In article ,
JB wrote:
Sunday: Coldest night of the year so far down here and....
The main gas valve solenoid on my old boiler goes on the fritz!
It's a late'70s/early 80's "Concord WRS" if that means anything?

If you're annoyed at a 20 year old boiler for breaking down,

prepared
be *very* annoyed when you eventually replace it.

But Dave, we have been reliably informed that a new boiler will last

20
years without problems, if you remember ..

Who said without problems? In 20 years expect a few hiccups, even RRs

needs
new parts in 20 years, but no need to rip it off the wall and replace.

Really ?

yep.

---

B&Q warehouse near Portsmouth have a Baxi Barcelona condensing boiler,
which should last all of 2 years :-) . I noticed it
behind the pile of Ravenheat combis and enquired its price (knowing that
it the worst condensing boiler ever made) - none of the helpful
people could find out its price - not listed on their computer at all.
After many phone calls to their central warehouse they decide the price
was £810. I wonder what poor sod is going to buy it.

Where do you get this notion the Barcelona was the worst ever made? £810 is
rip off or they got it wrong.

---