Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Electrical Service for my new home

On 8/3/2015 3:53 PM, wrote:
I have applied to my County planning to replace my old home. I
contacted the power company to see how much installing some new
high voltage line and transformer to the new house would be, they
said $15,000 for 500 feet.

Have you had an electrician contact the utility for a quote? You may
be surprised.

That to much money for me. I'm hoping to
install a 400 amp panel at the old house and send power to the new
house some 500 away. Does anyone have experience with this. ?
Maybe transformer with smaller wire? I'm just trying to save myself
$10k

Is that permitted under code or by the utility?

I'd just contact an electrician and request an estimate first.