Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob[_44_] Bob[_44_] is offline

Default Patching A Small Hole In Plastic Case: What To Use, Please ?

Hi,

Have a "patching" job, and not sure what to use.
Would be most grateful for any suggestions.

Had to take apart a kids toy, plastic housing, to fix the motor inside.

They glued the housing, no screws, so the case is now fairly
"butchered," with some cracks, etc., as a result of my taking it apart.

I can use epoxy on the cracks just fine, but the case now also has some
approx., 1 inch (some 1.5 inch) holes and cutouts.

Epoxy doesn't seem correct for this, as I think it's too big a space
to cover.

I can put a piece of wood behind the hole when I'm patching it
to give some grab to the patching compound, and minimize the depth of
the hole.

What should I use other than epoxy for these "holes" ?
Again, it's a plastic case.

Would want it to "set-up" Hard (like epoxy would)

Any other thoughts on doing the patching would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob