Posted to alt.home.repair
taxed and spent taxed and spent is offline

Default Electrical Service for my new home

"Bob" wrote in message
web.com...
On 8/3/2015 4:53 PM, wrote:
I have applied to my County planning to replace my old home. I contacted
the power company to see how much installing some new high voltage line
and transformer to the new house would be, they said $15,000 for 500
feet. That to much money for me.
I'm hoping to install a 400 amp panel at the old house and send power to
the new house some 500 away. Does anyone have experience with this. ?
Maybe transformer with smaller wire? I'm just trying to save myself $10k

Sweet Jesus! WTF do you need 400 amp service for?

(My average electric load is 2000 watts or ~8 amps.)

Well, if you want to size your service for your AVERAGE load, you will need
training from Eva Gabor.