Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....

On 8/3/2015 7:09 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 7:02:58 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/2/2015 11:09 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
http://www.networx.com/article/commo...w-flow-toilets

Last summer, my church had the sewer system clog,
twice. Second time was about two weeks after the
first.

The building has 10 low flow toilets, and four
urinals. The drain goes maybe 500 or so feet,
and ties into another drain.

First clog was Saturday night, during a social.
Second was Sunday morning, during services. Two
congregations overlap schedules, and about 450
people in the building. After the second, they
ran a camera down the drain (after the water jet
cleared the blockage) and found no obvious problems.

We suspect low flow toilets may have contributed.

--
.

I always flush twice because I'm so full of crap, as many people have told me over the years. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster

All this talk about toilets reminds me of the issue I had with mine and
that calcium stuff on it. Well, the update is I finally had time to do
another treatment with the muriatic acid on the bottom where that water
flow jet is all. It was clogged with calcium buildup and for a long
time was difficult to get to flush. I'd have to plunge it every time,
just about because the water wouldn't swirl hardly with nothing in it,
let alone if you came to visit and dropped some ready mix there. HAHA!

I left the acid in the bottom and kept going back and scrubbing with a
small brush to remove what I could and the little bit of water left
there got so dark after a couple of hours I couldn't tell if it had
removed all of it or not. So, I refilled the water tank and flushed
after one last scrub and it was like night and day difference. The
bottom water jet had cleared of the calcium buildup and the toilet now
flushes great! I'm still going to have to do one last acid treatment
because there's still a little bit of the calcium left on the porcelain,
but now I won't have to replace the toilet because it flushes now.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone on how to use this muriatic acid
stuff. I was a bit cautious about using acid because I'd never used it
before, but with everyone's advice it encouraged me to go ahead and give
it a try. ヽ(—‰—¡—”)ノ

--
Maggie