Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Constitution Free Zone

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

My hope is the cluster-fu& system we have now eventually moves to one payer
like Medicare because that would cost the taxpayers the least in the long
run. I also believe (and realize it could never be implemented) people who
want that basic level of care free have to have been vets or people who
served in some sort of program like the Peace Corp or at the very least,
sweeping streets for one or two years. The Israelis have a national service
requirement and it seems to have served them well.

Serious question. Do you know any stats that compare MCare with the
other governmental systems or even with the private systems. I haven't
seen any stats showing that Mcare is inherently better than the
non-governmental when it comes to expenses, %of GDP used, etc., etc.

Although I will admit I have looked around too much since the late 1990s/

It's a bad idea to give people something for nothing and that's
unfortunately what we're doing.

Yeah and Mcare takes care of that?
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²