geoff

Default Well OT - Any more prize winners out there?

In message ,
lid writes

"Frisket" wrote in message
Hi All, had an amazing piece of luck today when I received a letter
informing me I'd won £24, 000. Best of it is, it's for a competition I've
never even entered! All I have to do to claim is send my bank details to a
PO box number in Holland and they'll credit my account with the winnings.
How the hell do these clowns afford the postage to send this crap out or

are
people really that gullible?

This sounds like a variant of the Nigerian scam -

No, this one's been around much longer than the Nigerian scam

and how much do the phone calls cost to the premium rate number?
--
geoff