Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Walter Palmer

On 8/1/2015 5:48 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 4:32:49 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/1/2015 4:12 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 2:09:25 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 8/1/2015 12:57 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 1:22:45 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
people are closer to my standard than yours.

Statistics are never an indicator of being right or wrong. It's just the
current trend.

Another example of the sad state of education in America. I give you
factual numbers on the rapid decline of lions and this is what you
have to say? Statistics are an indicator of being right or wrong.

No they aren't. I deal with statistics every day, and how they are
interpreted is totally dependent upon the most current agenda and goals.
Right vs. wrong generally has no bearing with statistics.

Stop lying. You're obviously too stupid deal with statistics every day.
It's just an unbelievable rat hole to even attempt to go down. Stop wasting
our time. If you say that the sun rises in the west and I say it rises
in the east, having statistics that show that in the 300 days of observation
it rose in the east 300 times and zero times in the west, clearly has
direct bearing on who's right and who's wrong. How's that for a lesson in statistics?

OTOH, if you say that the lion population is diminished X percentage
over a period of 50 years you'll have the specific data that tells the
age, gender, death rates, new birth rates of each lion in a specific
area. You'll also be able to correlate the regional data of
temperature, rainwater, food supply or lack of food supply and be able
to analyze all of the specific data and determine what circumstances
affected the decline of the lion population. You just can't throw out a
statistic and use it to prove a narrow conclusion to back up your viewpoint.

How's that for a lesson on stats? I don't need to call you stupid to
counter your argument. It's not personal, but if you want to use
statistics to back up any argument you use in reference to the decline
in the lion population you're going to have to do a better job of it.
Some people might buy it, but anyone with any knowledge of statistics
would have a field day with that approach.

The dwindling numbers of lions might be an indicator of climate change
causing habitat change, which results in the lions dying off. None of
that has anything to do with right vs. wrong.

Again with the right vs wrong. Idiot,

I realize being challenged is something that probably frustrates you so
you feel the need to resort to name calling. That just shows me how
weak your position actually is.

if the lions are down to
16,000 from 400,000 just fifty years ago, everyone else here reading
this knows that it shows that they are in trouble and it's not
smart killing off more of them. And again, only a true fool would
try to interject the cause of why the lion population is down,
because everyone here knows it's because of man. Not that it matters.
If it was due to a virus, it would still be remarkably stupid to
go around shooting them to further the decline.

Everyone doesn't know that man is the cause of the decline in the lion
population. You can't simply spout stats off and then tell people what
you want them to believe caused those statistics, and that's what you're
trying to do. That's no more responsible than what politicians do in
order to get elected.

--
Maggie

IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF GLOBAL WARMING!! WE NEED TO IMMEDIATELY PLACE A 100% TAX ON EVERYONE IN THE WORLD TO PROTECT THE WILD AFRICAN LIONS! KILL ALL THE HUNTERS, TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY AND STUFF!! á•™(‡€€¸†¼€¶)á•—

This wacky message brought to you by PETKILL,"People for the Ethical Treatment of Killer Lions"

[8~{} Uncle Ethical Monster

You should write a book on ethics!

--
Maggie