Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Walter Palmer

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 4:32:49 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/1/2015 4:12 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 2:09:25 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 8/1/2015 12:57 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 1:22:45 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
people are closer to my standard than yours.

Statistics are never an indicator of being right or wrong. It's just the
current trend.

Another example of the sad state of education in America. I give you
factual numbers on the rapid decline of lions and this is what you
have to say? Statistics are an indicator of being right or wrong.

No they aren't. I deal with statistics every day, and how they are
interpreted is totally dependent upon the most current agenda and goals.
Right vs. wrong generally has no bearing with statistics.

Stop lying. You're obviously too stupid deal with statistics every day..
It's just an unbelievable rat hole to even attempt to go down. Stop wasting
our time. If you say that the sun rises in the west and I say it rises
in the east, having statistics that show that in the 300 days of observation
it rose in the east 300 times and zero times in the west, clearly has
direct bearing on who's right and who's wrong. How's that for a lesson in statistics?

OTOH, if you say that the lion population is diminished X percentage
over a period of 50 years you'll have the specific data that tells the
age, gender, death rates, new birth rates of each lion in a specific
area. You'll also be able to correlate the regional data of
temperature, rainwater, food supply or lack of food supply and be able
to analyze all of the specific data and determine what circumstances
affected the decline of the lion population. You just can't throw out a
statistic and use it to prove a narrow conclusion to back up your viewpoint.