Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Walter Palmer

On 8/1/2015 2:34 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
On 8/1/2015 12:32 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 12:11:14 -0500, Muggles wrote:

The only grounds to legitimately judge him on are whether or not he
knew
it was a protected lion (if he could see the tracking collar or not),
and if it was a legal or illegal hunt. If it was an illegal hunt, then
he should pay that penalty for an illegal hunt, not be judged
because he
used the same methods to hunt that other hunters have used for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_%28lion%29#Criminal_investigations

Interesting situation. Who is responsible for the outcome in a situation
where guides were hired and the expectation was that they have
everything in order? Palmer isn't from Africa and probably had that
expectation seeing that he paid $50k for the hunt.

That is BS, he must know what he was doing, he is not a first timer.

If I hire someone to do a job for me that I don't know how to do, then I
have an expectation that person knows how to accomplish that job and
knows more than I know. If I were to spend $50k hiring someone, I'd
have even more of that same expectation.

That excuse is VERY, VERY weak to have a leg. Quote from his guide who
was charged, "I regret I did not stop him shooting that lion(Cecil}"
He tracked him into protected area to finish him. Why did they try to
destroy his GPS collar? I don't judge Palmer, I just don't like his kind.

I imagine if they didn't see the collar before it was shot and found it
after the fact that they would think "OH CRAP!!" and try to destroy the
collar. That seems like a logical response to me even if it was the
wrong one.

--
Maggie