Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Walter Palmer

On 8/1/2015 2:16 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
On 7/31/2015 10:24 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 8:22:01 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/30/2015 11:58 PM, Muggles wrote:

In poor countries people will do most anything if well paid/bribed.

Even if that's true, it's just one lion. I think there are worse
things
a person could do.

Yes, just one lion. I heard on the news that in the 1940's there were
about 450,000 lions in Africa, just 20,000 now. Oh, 19,999. Sorry
Cecil.

How about elephants and Rhinos being poached for their tusks? Do you
think it is OK to kill an elephant, saw off the tusks and just let it
rot? Its just one. Today.

Last night for dinner I had a big pork chop and I had a chicken egg for
breakfast. Hunting for food is OK, but this guy just wants to hang a
lion head on the wall so he can look at it and masturbate.

+1

He and similar are definitely sickos. I hope he gets everything
he deserves. Already, it's likely working. Hopefully the sudden
demise of his practice will mean it will be harder to afford the
$50K it costs to kill an exotic animal.

The man didn't kill a human, molest anyone, or even do anything worthy
of prison. He killed an old lion. He shouldn't have his practice or
his life ruined over a cat.

If we have one like Palmer running around killing exotic animals for
his hobby, what'd be left for your G-kids and their kids? All by
themselves? No singing birds, no fish to fish, no animals to look and
enjoy... Would you like to live in a world like that? There is war going
on in Amazon jungle searching for medicinal exotic plants by big drug
companies doing all kind of bad things. Nothing is left alone. Plants,
animals(on land, in the ocean), minerals.... We're heading for self
destruction destroying nature's eco system. Maybe bible is talking
about this. Species with fast pace of evolution is doomed quicker
compared to slower ones. That's us, human. At least not in my time.
Human has responsibility to maintain eco system of which we're part at
the top.

I don't see the world as being without singing birds or no fish or
animals at all because they are renewable resources - they reproduce. I
see it becoming harder to sustain growing populations with crop foods
that can't as easily reproduce itself without our assistance, tho.

I love all sorts of animals, but at the same time I realize just how
little control I have over so many things, including, how well animals
survive all over the world or what is happening to the rain forests. I'm
not in charge of anything that can affect the outcome one way or
another, so I've come to conclude that accepting things that happen is
the more reasonable choice on how to respond to such things.

--
Maggie