Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default fix broken PVC pipe

In ,
Ralph Mowery typed:
"Jan Philips" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 21:12:48 -0400, Jan Philips
wrote:

The PVC pipe that drains our kitchen sink broke in two. Since there
is no pressure on it, can an amatuer glue it back? If so, what kind
of glue should be used?

Here is a dropbox link to a photo of the broken pipe:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ye5xyacv0c..._5512.JPG?dl=0

Since there is no pressure on it, I'm holing for a simple fix that I
can do with my limited abilities.

Are you sure the pipe is broken ? It may have just slipped down. Unscrew
the fitting at the top where the pipes are seperated and see
if there is any pipe inside that is broken. If not, just slip the
pipe back in and tighten the coupling nut.

In the photo, it looks broken to me -- with a jagged edge where it broke,
and a piece of the broken off part still in the fitting.