TURTLE

Default RCA tv 36" color problem

"Jason D." wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:56:11 -0500, "TURTLE"
wrote:

"Jason D." wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 05:34:15 -0400, "Arthur Jernberg"

The serial # in that RCA, first digit is year. "0" means it is 2000,
I guess April bec of 4. Too young to condemn, consider it fixing.

You had spoken about high number of hours on the tube causing the tube to

go
bad. The TV is turned on at 7:00 am and stays on till 11:00 or 12:00 at

nite
7 days a week . Like you said it is a 2000 model so it has run like this
eversince this time. Does This make the thought of a heavy run time on

the
tv 7 days a week 17 hours a day for 3 years?

Appox 6,000 hours, not too terribly. I have seen RCA made tubes go
well over 6 to 8 years. I even just fixed an 18 year old RCA console
with great picture.

Depends how tv was set up if tv was in a shaded room without direct
sunlight, tube should last long time if not overdriven (so bright).

Sometimes picture get deaker casued by a fault or needs a bit of
adjustment to account for tube wear. The tech can check for that. I
suggest no big store like dealer, try the shop who is authorized for
RCA stuff and who repairs for bunch of stores (contract & warrenty).

Now if heavy use is not into play here , we will move to the below
statement.

I will try the setting of brightnest and look at it but what we are

talking
here on repairing it is not a major fix and cost less than $300.00. Is

this
true?

Yes, this is true because this may involves some minor parts if needed
since the major parts like tube, flyback transformer this part that
generates high voltages to power tube are still working, etc. $300
still can cover cost of new pricy part like flyback (appox 80 retail
to customer.) if it comes to that. 700 is way over and nobody will OK
that.

User adjustment is there in that menu, and you can access the focus
(top) & screen (bottom) on back of tv without opening that tv.
Reset the user controls for picture quality first by selecting normal
defaults before adjusting that screen pot on the flyback.

Adjust screen pot till raster diappears then adjust beyond that a
touch. Raster is scan lines that you can see on black picture if
screen is too high, do it with bit dim lights so you can see that
easier.

TURTLE

Cheers,

Wizard

This is Turtle.

So you say 6,000 hours is not to bad of run time if kept out of sun light.
It is out of sunlight all the time in the Den. this area never get direct
sun light throught the window at all.

I will reset it to default and see to the adjustiment you stated here and
what RonK650 said too.

I sure Thank you here and will let you know the results.

TURTLE