Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Constitution Free Zone

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 18:16:51 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Any one living there? Scary stuff.
I just learned about it.

I think I read that 66% of Americans live in these zones:

https://www.aclu.org/constitution-100-mile-border-zone

This is a vestige of the paranoia of 9/11 and will likely be headed to the
Supreme Court for final adjudication. The Fourth Amendment guards against
unreasonable search and seizure but historically that protection weakens
when leaving or entering the country. I believe the adminstration contends
that "border" extends 100 miles inland, but I don't see the Supreme Court
supporting that contention.

You are a lot more optimistic then I am. I expect they will support
it under the claim that the searches are minimally intrusive. Is it
any different then the DUI checkpoints which they support?