Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default screen porch standing water

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:44:01 +0000, MARVIN Huber
wrote:

replying to DerbyDad03, MARVIN Huber wrote:
teamarrows wrote:

On 5 Oct, 1345, "

I didn't know anyone had Usenet in 1345. Was this in the new world or
England? I presume southern England, since it says bellsouth. Now
that's a station on the Liverpool line, but I don't think they had
trains then.

What is the floor of the porch made of? If it's non treated wood,
here's my concern:

Most porches are made of stone. I don't know how you will drill through
one. Best to have your serfs build you another one.

If you drill a hole, you'll be exposing the unfinished interior of the
wood to the moisture as it drains through. You might end up with rot
fairly soon.
What's a lot of standing water? Is the amount of water going to be a
problem under the porch?
Mr. Obvious says: The optimum solution would be to prevent the water
from entering the porch in the first place.

Screen houses in florida have screen roofs, sides...it's all screen and
normally
on a concrete slab. In theory, all one can do is drill weep holes either
through the very bottom edge
of the aluminum or the concrete next to it. I tried drilling through the
concrete....flowers grew up through
them. Best to bend the bottom edge of aluminum up a tad or drill holes
through the aluminum.
.