Posted to alt.home.repair
Stumpy[_2_] Stumpy[_2_] is offline

Default HDPE repair

On 07/14/2015 04:47 AM, mike wrote:

Cut up a plastic milk jug for the donor HDPE material.

Fuse it with a hot air gun or soldering iron.
Use a light dimmer to make the air/iron run much cooler.

The EVA hot glue sticks didn't bond all that well so next I tried
burning polystyrene coat hangars similar to applying P-Tex onto a pair
of skis. Still not ideal so I got

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261459563087

for my 140 watt Weller soldering iron. Wore my trigger finger out after
about 12" of repairs. Burning 1/2" strips of a cut up jug and dripping
it onto the joint works pretty well. It goes fairly fast and you can go
back over it multiple times to reinforce the repair.

Neighbors are looking at me funny.