Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default nitrogen gas in cans

On 7/30/2015 12:26 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Personally, I use a secret blend of gasses in my tires. It has argon
and carbon dioxide too. For $10 each I'll fill yours.

Doesn't the argon make your tires heavier? I've always thought using nitrogen gas laced with mercaptan odorant would be a good thing to inflate tires with. That way, you would know immediately if you had a leak in a tire. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Gas Monster

Yes, the argon adds weight but it tends to stay at the bottom of the
tire and gives the car better stability in turns, better traction in
snow. I don't tell many people about it because if it catches on, the
price of argon will skyrocket and cause shortages.

I tried mercaptan, but my wife keeps asking "did you fart?"