Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Flight MH370 disaster - new theory (asphyxia - air problems)

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 8:41:07 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message news:b1fe4aaf-

stuff snipped

http://blog-peuravion.fr/2015/07/a-t...370/#more-1453

Claim to be photos of the debris which looks a lot more like a plane

part
than anything they've yanked out of the ocean to date.

--
Bobby G.

And now apparently they have a piece of luggage too. It's just
one and could just be other ocean rubbish. But I would not be surprised
that before long they have some other stuff that can be directly tied to

MH370.
The only bad part of course is that it won't shed any real light
on where to look for the wreckage. And it won't stop the conspiracy
theorists from continuing to believe it's in Afghanistan or Diego Garcia.

I suspect we'll see a lot of stuff now because this in an indication that a
very diffuse debris cloud is hitting or has hit the island. I also don't
thinking anyone was really looking in that area but now they will be looking
very much harder.

I suspect passenger compartment contents might still contain traces of
explosives or products of combustion (if there are any) but any other
details may be lost forever. Both recorders overwrote their media after two
hours IIRC, and they may not have even been powered during the flight.
Human forensics won't yield much after this time although if they find
people trapped in the fuselage, they might get some surprising information.
One this is su this is an expensive mystery story that's probably now
going to go into overdrive.

The folks with the most valuable inputs are probably going to come from
people who track the great patches of garbage that float in the ocean. A
cloud of floating debris apparently doesn't dissipate the way one would
expect but clumps together. Hopefully the MH370 debris did, too, and more
pieces will be arriving shortly.

I recall one case where a cell phone video retrieved from the passenger
compartment of a downed plane gave investigators invaluable data regarding
the crash. I wonder who tests cell phones/laptops for recoverable data in
such conditions and what the success rate is?

It is comforting to know this plane didn't just fly off into nowhere like
Amelia Earhart. A while back they claimed to have found a piece of her
plane but after this story I never read anything else:

http://news.discovery.com/history/us...ane-141028.htm

An aluminum plate is far less convincing than a flaperon.

--
Bobby G.