Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Appliance industry warns....

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 6:06:25 AM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:
On 7/29/15 11:49 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 8:02:51 PM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:
On 7/23/15 1:13 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I believe it was Margret Thatcher who said something to the
effect that,"The problem with Liberals is that sooner or later,
they run out of other people's money." I'd like to see all those
folks who are sweet on illegal aliens to open up their homes and
take in as many as they can. I want them to put their money where
their mouth is. Those who want the government to pay for this and
that should show how generous they are and send extra money in
with their tax return. It's not illegal to send more money to the
treasury than what the IRS requires of you. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Stingy Monster

Traditionally, liberalism has wanted more freedom for all, as
opposed to privilege for the few. When Thatcher came along, British
liberalism had become the special-interest party, serving those who
could pull strings. Take Robert Maxwell, billionaire crook, KGB
agent, and tyrannical boss who did everything he could against
labor unions. He was elected a Liberal MP.

I was a young Liberal in my college years but soon after I left
school, I grew out of Liberalism and have become more Conservative
over the years. When I was a kid in college I tried to keep up with
what was going on around the world and would head for the library to
read different periodicals. The Internet was decades away and finding
different points of view in news sources was quite difficult. The
only TV news was from ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS. There was no Fox or CNN
and talk radio was something you listened to late at night. What I
really find disturbing about young folks these days is their absolute
ignorance of everything when there is an unlimited source for
information on an infinite number of things via The Internet. The
only thing I can surmise from their behavior is that their minds have
been corrupted by the Progressive Liberal Leftists Commiecrat Freaks
who've infested the educational system for decades. The most damaging
and tragic consequence of this infiltration of schools is, "The
Dumbassification Of America". I watched it happen from the time I was
a kid in school. When I left college, I had a difficult time carrying
on an intelligent conversation with most high school students because
they only understood every other word I said. Some time later I
noticed the same thing with college students and the most depressing
thing was that some years later it was adults who were almost
completely illiterate. This was in the early days of The Internet but
these days I see more and more adults accessing information on The
Internet causing them to question what the government is up to which
gives me hope that the country may yet recover. The grownups are
going to have to head to the polls in mass and perhaps the right
people can be elected. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hopeful Monster

I don't see things in terms of political colors. I see them in terms of
allegiance, paying lip service to human authority. Kids are taught
that's the difference between dumb kids and smart kids. Teachers
present themselves as authority. They have to dumb things down so kids
can easily respond with lip service, which matters more than
comprehension. Kids learn to be inarticulate so authority can't fault
their opinions.

The authority of classmates, or a particular peer group, may have
different standards than the teacher, about what opinions are smart. The
successful student is two-faced.

Melville said he was a savage because he lacked allegiance. He said men
away at sea a long time get like that. Some say the movie Hombre is
revisionist history. I don't think it was intended as history any more
than Moby Dick. It pulled the veil off civilization. Newman's character
had a savage identity and a civilized identity. He showed his savagery
by refusing to pay lip service to civilized values. In the end, all the
civilized people demanded that the hostage be rescued, but none was
willing. Lip service.

Politics is like that. On the ship, I found that management considered
me a left-winger and labor considered me a right-winger. That's what
happens when you don't pay lip service.

When we were six years old, me and my brother decided all grownups were full of crap and the nuns hated my guts because I made the mistake of questioning everything I was told especially when it involved Catholicism. As I got older and fell in love with reading and libraries, I read everything I could get my hands on and it only reinforced my belief that everything grownups were telling me was a load of male bovine droppings. I'm glad I never outgrew my opinion of grownups. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Irascible Monster