Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default OT Bank relaxes security. Acceptable?

Per Kurt Ullman:
...inflation should it rear its ugly head again.

That's another prevailing fact that I have a problem with.

Pundit-after-pundit says that we have been and continue to be in a
period with no inflation above-and-beyond the "Normal" values.

Each time I hear that I wonder if the guy actually shops for food and/or
pays his own bills.

My own experience is that people on fixed incomes are and have been for
some years being slowly inflated into poverty. I base that on local
tax amounts, local service fees (like sewer), food prices at the local
supermarkets, and devices that I have purchased for the second or third
time and know the price for each purchase.

Something is missing here. The first thing that comes to mind is that
the people citing low inflation are citing numbers that are not related
to the real-world costs of daily life. And the cynic in me says that
it tends to be in the interest of The Powers That Be to minimize the
"inflation" numbers - whatever they may be. For instance the CPI not
including fuel or food.....
--
Pete Cresswell