Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Bank relaxes security. Acceptable?

On 7/29/2015 2:51 PM, trader_4 wrote:

What is to stop a hacker from presenting the site key?

That they don't know what the site key pic is that you have
personally chosen from a long list of available ones and
that they don't know the tag line you've personally added
to the pic. They aren't going to get that easily. They can
get your user name and pwd by creating a fake logon page
that looks like BA.

I always thought
it would be the perfect method of stealing your info.

I don't see how it's the perfect method, when the hacker doesn't
know the image or tag line for the image that you created.

What is preventing a hacker from getting it? Hackers have been in the
Pentagon computers, many stores, banks, insurance companies and on and
on. Nothing is truly bullet proof.

There are shady
people out there with all sorts of tricks and one photo is not going to
keep them from taking your fortune.

That added step alone isn't going to prevent all the possible ways, no.
But without it, I could create a hack webpage that looks like the BA
sign on page. So, without it, you put in your logon name and pwd.
Now the hack site has both. With the image challenge, you put in
your name and if you don't see the correct image and tag line, you
know something is up.

If it was that secure, every website would be doing it. Every financial
institution would have it. If it makes you feel good, fine, but like
every man made puzzle, another man has the solution.

That's what caused Micky to become concerned,
With BA, once I see my image, I'm confident it's
really BA.

Good for you, it never made me feel any better.