Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Expensive capacitor

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:33:43 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/27/2015 10:19 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 8:03:28 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
As I said I know a little about the stuff, but not a whole lot and it has
been way over 3 years ago that I last saw one.

I haven't been able to work on anything this year. As late

as a few years ago I was climbing up on roofs of commercial
buildings to straighten out energy management control systems
when it was 105F outdoors. It's so frustrating for me to be
unable to even fraking walk! The only connection to the
Interweb I have here is my cute little Chromebook. I really
want to get home to the dozens of computers and the mound
electronic gear I have. I really miss my toys. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Gimpy monster

Agree, it sure would be nice to send you home, and back
to work. I've been told the south needs more good HVAC
guys. I've not got much time in the south, but some guys
are rather expensive.

Last year, I went to South Carolina to help a friend move
a heat pump and trailer. He says the lowest bid he got
was $1,000 and that didn't include any cleaning. Just separate
the system and reconnect it at the new place. I went for
just gas and lodging, and some thing to do. While there, I
used a lot of coil cleaner. He tells me he had to sign a
paper that said the heat pump was broken and useless. Well,
now it's clean, it works just fine for him.
--
.

I doubt I'll be climbing ladders when I get home which is something I wasn't able to do for quite a while before winding up in the hospital but I was able to fix computers, other gizmos, supervise some fieldwork and handle business in the office. I've even done tech support over the phone from my hospital bed. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Service Monster