Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default OT Bank relaxes security. Acceptable?

On 07/27/2015 02:23 AM, micky wrote:
Do you do online banking with other banks? Do they have something
like the SiteKey, a password or picture they send to you, instead of the
other way around, so that you know you're talking to them, in the same
way they want a password from you so they know they're talking to you?

I haven't hit a bank that does it but we deal with one sit that has
implemented two factor authentication. The first step is a conventional
username/password. Then they text a one time passcode to your mobile phone.

The two factors may be something the user knows (password), something a
user has (phone, thumbdrive, card), or some physical characteristic
(thumbprint, retinal scan).

The site key doesn't make it for the second factor. You know your
password and that it's supposed to be a picture of a platypus.