Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Expensive capacitor

On 7/26/2015 12:35 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 12:06:47 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

Good hint on turning off the unit while mowing. I don't think I have to
worry much about that where my unit is. It is under a deck where the grass
does not grow even though the deck is about 8 feet off the ground. From the
ends it is about 10 to 15 feet each way and about 6 or 8 feet from the grass
on the other side.

Depending on how dry it is, the mower can kick up quite a dust cloud that can blow around a house from the side that's being cut. Another problem that will crop up from time to time is that someone's furry dog/dogs will lounge around the AC condensing unit and clog it up with hair. I had customers put up little short garden fences to keep the dogs away from the AC especially if the dogs were peeing on the unit. Dog urine is very corrosive. If someone has the condensing unit under a deck, there is a good chance their dog will like to lay down next to the unit. ^_^

Speaking of fences, before I stopped working, anti theft cages became quite the rage for protection of AC condensing units. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Furry Monster

Another tough concept for some (if you've ever had a neighbor kid do your lawn, you'd know) go in the same direction, pointing cut-grass exhaust away from AC and sidewalks...you won't have extra work to clean-up.

I've seen people mow their lawns and blow all the grass clippings they
possibly could out into the street. If they cleaned it up it wouldn't be
so bad, but they just leave it there to be washed into the street
gutters which end up clogging them up. {{mumbles morons}}

--
Maggie