Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Oven Light Bulb Update

On 07/26/2015 10:09 AM, Pavel314 wrote:
I checked the voltage on the bulbs that have been burning out in the oven; they're 120. I found a 130 volt version on Amazon and will send for a couple of those. I thought an LED bulb might last longer but I couldn't find any oven LEDs.

I removed the dead bulb and screwed in the receptable/socket
adapter. I found that the voltage at the socket varied between the
extremes of120-106 over the course of a few minutes but generally hung around 112.

Digression: I was a bit concerned about the fluctuation in voltage
so I tried a few outlets around the house; they all had about the same
range. Is this something I should be concerned about? Maybe I should
check the breaker box to make sure all of the connections are tight.

A variability _is_ an issue; if it is house-wide that indicates either a
utility problem or possibly a grounding issue at the panel as an
individual circuit or two wouldn't show up except on those affected
circuits.