Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.periph.printers,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Brother all in one says out of ink but there is ink printer scanner copier fax say

In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, on Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:18:18
-0400, Paul wrote:

micky wrote:

I found some webpages that remind me of what I used to know

If you know how Brother decides that a cartridge is necessary, or you
know aobut this particular model, MFC-J625dw that would be great, but
otherwise, I should read the webpages first and I apologize for
bothering you all.

One Amazon reviewer says to tip the printer
at 90 degrees for a few moments, so the ink
covers the LED sensor.

I tried 90, or 85 degrees and I'm not sure, but it seemed like starting
up was delayed as long as I held it like that. I really shoudlnt say
that until I test again, but I don't feel like testing again.

inkcartridges.com had free shipping so I bought one color in OEM form,
for about 10 dollars, and if its warning message goes out, I'll buy the
other color in high capacitiy compatible ink for about 4.50. And
later I'll buy a set at a time. Another company gave no discount for
buying all 4 colors at once.

When I got the the printer, it had low capacity OEM cartridges in it,
They make high capaicity oem which I thought were cheaper in the long
run, so its almost as if he didnt use it much. I should check the
glass for fingerprints. I think my life is boring compared to the
detective shows I watch.

Hard to believe, in an era of chipped cartridges,
someone is still doing this. Using LEDs to sense ink.

Paul