Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default cell phone charger on 2nd power strip doesn't charge

"micky" wrote in message

stuff snipped

And when I turn the ceiling light on in the bedroom with the switch that
is 3 feet away, there is a pause in the sound. It's silent for a second
or so. But the picture isn't affected. There isn't even a blink.

And if I turn the light on in the stairway, which is 20 feet away, I get
the same effect. If I turn either light off, I sometimes get the same
effect and other times, maybe not.

If it do it several times in a row, after the first, second, or maybe
the third time, it stops happening.

When I last asked about this on sci.electronics.repair and maybe here,
no one had any good ideas. IIRC the most common suggestion was that I
was wrong and it wasn't happpening.

But here it is 3 years later, and I don't notice it as often I think
because I'm used to it, but it happened yesterday, while I was 20 feet
away (normally I'm not paying attention when I'm that far away, and I
wasn't but I noticed anyhow.)

A lot of strange things, and little things that I can see no reason God
would do, since they don't promote anything he wants, not even belief in
him.

Could be a noise spike that the unit picks up and reacts to, perhaps
tripping an audio limiting circuit temporarily so that you don't hear a
gigantic pop.

Does the unit have a remote? Does the behavior still occur when you put
black tape over the IR "eye"? Are these LED, CFL or incandescent lights?

--
Bobby G.