Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Coaxial and electrical wiring

"Meanie" wrote in message
I just installed my OTA for my TV signal. I'm running the RG6 coaxial cable
into my home. In doing so, I hid most of it out of sight and one particular
run will lie parallel with a brief part of the electrical feed, about 4 to
5 feet, which exits the meter into the house. It's hidden under a lip at
the base of the house/top of foundation. The electrical feed uses most of
that space, since my meter is mounted on the side of the house but enters
in the back, thus, it was hidden under that lip. It's the best spot to hide
another unsightly cable or wire. Therefore, my concern is interference and
if I will experience any with the cable being next to it on that short run.

Thanks

It probably would be against the electrical code, but you could tape the
coax to the power wiring for a good number of feet without problems.
In rare cases some items in the house can generate electrical noise and
cause problems. Usually it would be picked up off the antenna and not the
coax.