Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Anderson Casement Window Won't Open

On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 8:25:51 PM UTC-4, John Sauve wrote:
Hi There,
We have a Anderson Casement Window in our second floor washroom. It seems to be sticking on the upper inner latch and won't release and open. The bottom releases fine. The window is about five years old. Anderson service through the dealer we bought it from in Toronto is non existent. If someone could advise me, I'd be much obliged.

years ago a buddy of mine worked for every dennison, repairing pricing machines.

they got a new tech who went around spraying wd 40 in the pricing area, that printed the tags.

by the time they realized what he was doing they had to pull techs from all over the country, to dissemble wash out in special degreaser and put the units back together. each unit took around 5 hours, and this was on the companies dime. theyhad over 50 units to rebuild...

and it was all time sensitive, entire stores couldnt put out new merchandise till the wd 40 was eradicated.

the tech demoed how well it lubricaded the units, but within 4 days they all jammed tight.

this wasnt a good start for a new job, seems he was told do not use wd 40 but ignored the trainers advice.

he got fired not long after for more mistakes.......

so use it but you were warned..

light oil is cheap, safe and effective....... think zoom spout oiler.

since were on this lubrication subject, never mix greases!

like white with brown, what forms over time is rock, and thats not good for lubrication