Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anderson Casement Window Won't Open

On 7/25/2015 9:46 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 8:25:51 PM UTC-4, John Sauve wrote:
Hi There,
We have a Anderson Casement Window in our second floor washroom. It seems to be sticking on the upper inner latch and won't release and open. The bottom releases fine. The window is about five years old. Anderson service through the dealer we bought it from in Toronto is non existent. If someone could advise me, I'd be much obliged.

Have you tried gently pushinging the window, while jiggling the latch?
I'm assuming the latch opens, but the window is still caught on it?
That happens on mine once in awhile and just jiggling the latch a
bit, pushing on the window a bit works. You don't want to push it
far, just enough to get it off the latch. There should be enough
play in the mechanism to allow that.

Second floor can be a challenge. But some crank out
windows, you have to push the edge of the window from
outdoors, to get the latch to work. I used to do that
a parents house, on the first floor. Go around with a
cane with rubber tip while Mom worked the inside latch.

--
..
Christopher A. Young