Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Massachusetts Electrical Code

On 7/25/2015 10:25 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, July 25, 2015 at 9:54:22 AM UTC-4, Mayhem wrote:
On 07/24/2015 09:49 PM, micky wrote:
Or what about if a licensed electrician is negligent? What if he wasn't
even trying to follow code. (Maybe he was drunk that day) Is the
homeowner still insured?

I asked the same question of my insurance agent. Her reply was as follows:

The insurance company will generally pay the first claim but...

They will "generally" pay a claim where the licensed electrician was
negligent? I'd immediately get a new agent and a new insurance
company. That's BS and it would leave homeowners, lenders, open
to huge exposure.

Only exception I can see is if they go after the electrician for
liability. Usually, the insurance would pay you and then go after
reimbursement.