Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Proper way to determine which GFCI circuit breaker is the correct replacement for the current breaker

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 23 Jul 2015 17:23:52 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

=20
Also, some comments were made about the installation not being done
competently. That would be true if GFCI was required at the time
it was installed, but not if it's an old pre-GFCI pool. Certainly
is a good idea to put one in.

Thank you very much for the replies. I'm attaching a photo of my panel with=
out the cover to give you a better idea. I am thinking of having an license=
d electrician take care of this though I want to know how it works. I could=
easily replace the breaker but I'm not sure (though there is no other way)=
whether shutting off terminals 17&19 will be sufficient since there are th=
e cables at the top of the panel. I'm sure those feed the sub panel but I a=
m not super comfortable messing with this setup...=20

If this is the main panel, shut off the main switch on it, the one you
think is the main switch, and that should shut off all the power in the
house. If nothing in the house works, even when you turn it on, you
can be pretty sure you shut the power off. Shut off anything you
turned on, even if it didn't go on. Pay special attention to whatever
the gfci controls.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=3D0...WM3Ty1PaTcyZUk