Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default cell phone charger on 2nd power strip doesn't charge

On Saturday, July 25, 2015 at 2:23:20 AM UTC-4, yyy378 wrote:
On 25/07/2015 11:39, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 25 Jul 2015 09:36:13 +0630, yyy378
wrote:

I have two power strips connected in serial. It is wall-strip A-strip B.

I have two Huawei cell phones, different models. When I plug phone A to
strip B, the phone can charge. However, if I plug phone B to strip B,
after overnight, the battery capacity is still zero (zero to start with).

If I plug phone A or B to strip A, it can charge.

In conclusion:

strip B can charge only phone A but not phone B.
strip A can charge both phones.

Any explanation to this mystery? Thanks.

Phone B is bad, or
Phone B charger is bad.

Duh.

I use the same charger for both phones whether on strip A or B.

Typically when charging phones have an indicator light or icon
that shows it's charging. What does that show? I assume you've
verified that other loads will work when plugged into B? Tried
different receptacle spots on B?