Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Teflon tape on gas pipe??

On 2015-07-24, Vic Smith wrote:

So what? There's dope and there's dopes.

What no one seems to be addressing is removal. Ever tried to remove
tape. Tedious, but entirely possible. Try removing teflon paste?
Almost impossible and at best, a PIA!!

Good point. There have been any number of times I've had to removed a taped
joint.

Removing a taped joint is the same as removing a dope joint,
you just unscrew it. It doesn't require removing pipe dope.
And if you're putting it back together and want to clean it up,
either a rag or a wire brush works for me. Funny, if pipe dope
is so hard to use, why do so many pros still use it?