Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Appliance industry warns.... calcium deposits need acids

On 7/24/2015 9:40 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/24/2015 6:00 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2015 4:55 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On some occasions, the collective wisdom does
the job nicely.

I've learned a lot from just reading the group, and I appreciate the
help when I've asked questions.

Agree. I was impressed with all I learned about
garage door weather strip.

I've ventured out on my own and working on a project for my bathroom. I
need a shelf that's 36" x 4" and I couldn't find one like that, so I
bought myself a 1/2"x 36"x 4" pc of pine and sanded it by hand rounding
off the edges, today. I'm painting it, too, and it's drying now. The
problem is although the paint is dry to the touch the humidity is pretty
high here, even indoors. So, I put it near one of our AC units in hopes
that it would pull out the moisture from the board/paint/surroundings so
the paint would dry completely. I guess I'll see if that works by morning.

Do you have any other ideas on how to get the paint to dry in high
humidity? I know AC's work better by using the humidity in the air to
cool, but not sure if I'm on the right track or not with this painted shelf.

--
Maggie