Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....Brown water

On 2015-07-24, J Burns wrote:

In the 1990s, Bayer.....

Dirtbags from the git.

Isn't magnesium the med we need, but there's a limit to how much you
can buy as a supplement?

nb

I'm skeptical of pills. If the supplement gets to the intestine, it may
not be absorbed and may interfere with the absorption of calcium.

Fifteen years ago, people could see I was deathly I'll, and the cause
was a mystery. An endocrinologist (a PhD and not an MD) said my small
intestine was full of holes. He recommended cooked carrots with butter
for Vitamin A, and Epsom salt for magnesium.

In a few weeks I was better and quit the Epsom salt. After a couple of
months, my digestion was still fine, but I realized I was doing worse in
other ways. I resumed the Epsom salt and never regretted it.

If you took a teaspoon or two of Epsom salt, it would get to the
intestine and, by holding water, act as a laxative. My adviser
recommended 1/8 tsp in a glass of water 3 times a day. An eighth tsp is
only about 60 mg. The old RDA was 400 mg, and some say it should be
1000. That little bit in a glass of water isn't much to correct a
deficiency.

I began mixing 1/2 tsp per pint of water and keeping it in a clear
plastic sports bottle in the counter. Like an animal going to a salt
lick, I'd take a drink when I had a taste for magnesium. Typically, I
drink two bottles a day. That would be 500 mg, half the RDA some
recommend. The dilution helps my stomach absorb it quickly, like a shot
of liquor on an empty stomach. Come to think of it, it affects me a
little like liquor. I feel refreshed, relaxed, and energized.

Last Christmas, three different people gave me chocolate candy. For a
week or so, I ate a lot of candy. I noticed my thirst for magnesium
water shot up to about four bottles a day. One function of magnesium is
to get insulin into the cells, where it belongs, and more sugar requires
more insulin. I guess magnesium is lost in the process. If insulin has
trouble getting into the cells, that's insulin resistance, which leads
to diabetes.

I've never heard of drinking a dilution of Epsom salt before. Is it
something that only works for certain blood types, or something that's
common for everyone?

--
Maggie