Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....

On 7/24/2015 3:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 14:56:43 -0500, Muggles wrote:

You can progress to others but two cups of pool (muriatic acid) acid
poured in the bowl, brushed around with a nylon toilet brush and then
neutralized with baking soda before you flush -- in case you are on a
septic system or cast iron sewer lines.

More details are needed.

See "Method 2 of 2: Muriatic Acid Method"

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Slow-Toilet

gee ... that sounds dangerous for me to try, anyway. I'm thinking that
trying a less dangerous acid might be better for me.

I can't help without a little more details.

- White vinegar (takes a long time on calcium)

- Citric Acid crystals (mild to etch concrete for epoxy coatings)

- Sulfamic acid (tile and grout cleaner)

- Muriactic acid (neutralized after use, before flushing)

- Lysergic acid diethylamide, LSD (take a trip and never come back)

HAHAHA!! I'm thinking of trying the white vinegar first. I've chipped
away some of the thickest deposits, vinegar is cheap, and I don't mind
if I have to let it soak more than one time. If it helps even a little
bit I'll be happy.

Uncle Monster suggested trying "The Works Disinfectant Toilet Bowl
Cleaner". I could try that one, too.

--
Maggie