Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oven Light Bulb

On 7/23/2015 1:40 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 19:25:51 -0700 (PDT), Pavel314
wrote:

The light bulb in our electric oven worked for a long time without problems; I can't remember the last time I changed it until recently. When it burned out a few weeks ago, I tried to unscrew it but the glass bulb came off of the metal base. I had to use a piece of wood to jam into the base and turn it for removal.

I've read you can use a potato to remove the base from the socket. Is
that safe?

Safer than fingers. I'd be tempted to wear
gloves around broken glass. Might have to
use a knife to point the end of the potato.

--
..
Christopher A. Young