Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Latest AC story

On 7/23/2015 11:11 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

My furnace/AC is 17 years old. Day before yesterday I had water all
over the basement floor. It's got 3 drains that go to 3/4 PVC.
I took off the exhaust vent to get at the panel covering the
evaporator and verified the evap trough wasn't draining.
Nice and clean in there. Surprised me.
Cut the PVC on the vertical and taped a hose to it leading to the
sump. Fixed. I'll replace most of the PVC later.
There's about 35' of it.

Not that you asked, but....

Some times, you can blow the crud out with
air compressor, blow gun, and a towel to
seal where the air gun goes in.

It's wise to make a way to pour your own water
in, and once or twice a year to pour in hot
water with a bunch of bleach.

--
..
Christopher A. Young