Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Harbor Frieght success

Harbor Frieght success. HF saves the day.

No point, just a story.

I have 3 drills, one I bought new at Sears in 1974
one that the guy at Black & Decker was going to
throw away because a customer didn't want to pay to fixi it. So I asked
for it right in front of the customer, and I fixed it in 30 minutes when
I got home, by putting a washer on the armature, so it didn't move back
and forth so mch, and
one that I found lying on a sidewalk in the city,
partly covered with greasy junk, maybe from incredibly dirty hands, just
covered in grease.

I also found in the trash some 1/2" keyless chucks and I put them on two
of the three drills.

So yesterday and today, I can only find one of the three drills, the one
with the small chuck, that won't hold a 5/8" bit with a 1/2" shaft.

Going to drive 3 miles to borrow one, but then I notice the 1/2" impact
drill from HF, still in its box. I've never used it, just bought it
in case. Lent it out once to the friend of a friend, but I hear it
didn't accomplsh much. (That doesn't mean the tool doesn't work. Might
have been the wrong tool for the job, or the wrong bit.)

Good to have extra tools around.