Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Glasgow bus stop built in cycle lane - BBC News

Yess indeed and they expect blind people to actually see them as well, as a
number of my friends have found to their cost.

Luckily, the council has been given some money from Bozo the Mayor to make a
proper cycle lane with 'floating' bus stops. Now the debate is how to get
pedestrians across the cycle lane without being run over by bikes.
Tell me, do cyclists suffer some kind of brain freeze when mounted up and
pedalling, as it seems they are oblivious to everything when in a lane with
cycles printed on it.
Must be the saddle.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"NEMO" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 19:52:29 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265"
wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-33628011

I don't understand the problem, this is common round here. Cycle lane all
along the road,
and every so often there's a bus stop marked on the road. The bicycles
have to go round
the bus, just like the cars do. The bus clearly has to stop against the
pavement to allow
the passengers to get off. If the cycle lane was not broken, the bicycles
would crash into
the boarding pedestrians.

But that's what most cyclists TRY to do, Pedro!